Thursday, March 25, 2010

Clinging to Mommy's Skirts

Have you ever seen a shy little girl, say about 2 or 3 years old, clinging to her Mommy's skirts? Have you seen the same little girl at age 4 or 5 going to school for her first day clinging to Mommy's skirts because she is shy and afraid? I have always found that behavior cute and adorable. There is something just darling about shy and helpless little girls who need the protection and care of their Mommies.

Andrea has become quite the clingy little girl at times. Even though she is 8 years old she gets very shy quite often. it usually happens when she feels someone staring at her or just a general sense of helplessness. It does not happen when I specifically introduce her to someone. When that happens she has been taught to curtsey and say "how do you do?" and then give a sweet girly smile. When she is "clingy" she will stand behind me, hold me around the waist loosely (sometimes a bit tighter depending on how she is feeling) and put her head on my back. Once she even put her thumb in her mouth like a little baby.

I do find this occasional behavior sweet and adorable. I told my sweet little girl that any time she feels she needs to cling to me she should do it. It is very endearing to feel how dependent she is on her Mommy. The other thing she does, when we are out in public together, is hold my hand very tightly. There are times when I need my hand to hold something or get something out of my purse. At those moments Andrea may lightly grab my skirt or be very clingy as I have described.

Our little girl is so submissive, helpless and adorably sweet. She loves pleasing her Mommy and Auntie. Does this give you an idea of Andrea's mental and emotional state? She has accepted her situation and just adores being a little girl.

Joanne.

No comments:

Post a Comment